Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Test in Foods

Well, we had our first formal assessment in Foods on Tuesday. Since then, I have been assessing the information (studying the results), and I have come to the conclusion that we need to review some of the basics from the unit once again. There were two parts to the test- a scanton portion made up of true/false and matching questions, and a written portion made up of fill in the blank and calculate the recipe questions. Students averaged about 85% on the scantron portion and about 70% on the written portion. Scores were not as high as I would have liked. SO... we will be practicing some more basic recipe conversions, equivalents, and abbreviations tomorrow. I have to apologize to the parents out there, because I forgot to send out a reminder e-mail about giving the test- having Monday off as a holiday helped me lose my brain! I will be more on top of it in the future.

No comments: