Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Breakfast Anyone?


Yesterday in Foods, we made breakfast. A couple of lab groups made crepes, a couple made German pancakes, a couple made buttermilk waffles, and one group made stuffed french toast. I think they all turned out fairly tasty. Most of the students thought the German pancakes looked like tofu and were not that interested in trying it, but it tasted good. I think they were surprised.
Someday, I hope to have our kitchen units stocked well enough to have all the tools we need to make the recipes we choose. Our labs do not have Belgian waffle irons, so I was supposed to bring my waffle irons from home. I forgot. Mr. Reeves saved the day though and made a quick trip to my house to grab one for us. In the mean time, we tried to make the waffles in a sandwich grill. It kind of worked. Not great, but not bad either. Hopefully within the next couple of years, I will be able to stock the labs well.

No comments: